You can at least do your part to make it happen – by using the right chemicals.
It cannot be 100% sustainable – as dirt and oil come up from the roads that land on your car, which you will naturally return to the road / environment when you then wash your car.
So why wash at home?
There are a number of benefits to washing at home:
First and foremost, the car is for the vast majority the largest investment in addition to the home.
By washing it correctly, you will both detect any rust before it develops and you will minimize the number of scratches in the paint, which can make the sales value of your car less.
For let’s stay with resale:
Used prices have risen over 12% in the past year – according to professional senior:
- And the nicer the car is – the higher resale value you can expect to get.
- Next, you avoid becoming part of the statistics on the approx. 1,000 people a year who get their car damaged in the car wash.
- In addition, you do not have to wait in line at the Bilvask, but instead can wash the car exactly when it suits you!
So what should be used of environmentally friendly products?
- Man manufacturers of car care products are not biodegradable.
- But at least 2 manufacturers that can be bought on the Danish market produce a large number of biodegradable products.
- Its 26JPN and Optimum.
- Optimum is suitable for you who want to save water when you wash a car and any residual product is so environmentally friendly that you, according to the manufacturer, can use it to water your lawn with.
How to wash with Optimum
To be able to wash the car environmentally friendly with Optimum No Rinse, you need a washing bucket and an 8-10 microfiber cloth.
Pour in the recommended amount of shampoo and fill the bucket with water.
Then you take the microfiber cloths and get in the bucket.
- Take a cloth, dip in the bucket of car shampoo and wash a panel.
- Once you have turned the cloth to a clean side all the way around the cloth, lay it aside and take a completely clean cloth.
For the reason that:
- We do not want to drag the wiped dirt around the car, as you thereby increase the risk of getting your car scratched.
- When you have finished, you simply pour the rest of the mixture onto e.g. your lawn.
- Simple and extremely environmentally friendly
- Depending on the size of your bucket, you use less than 20 gallons of water to wash your car free of dirt!
What about stubborn dirt?
You can remove insects with the biodegradable: Bug & Grime from 26 JPN.
Inside, you can use either Optimum No Rinse or 26JPN Interior Sanitizer, which effectively kills viruses and even cleans the surface.
Even their rim cleaner (Wheel Soap) is biodegradable, so if you also want clean rims with biodegradable products, it is also an option with products from 26JPN.
Have fun with the car wash!