Twitter likes all other social platforms, connects you to the world community. It has so many dimensions in the form of entertainment, business, marketing, and information.
It keeps you updated by sending notifications when someone Twitter likes your post, comments on it, or mention you somewhere. Your notification timeline shows everything happening to your Twitter account. It will show you liked tweets, retweets, mentions, updates, and any other thing like that. That means your notification timeline is always loaded with notifications.
But sometimes, when there is an overflow of these notifications, you may get annoyed. If you don’t want all of them and want to see Twitter notifications for mentions but not likes and tweets, you can follow the below-mentioned techniques.
How Can You See Twitter Notifications For Mentions, But Not Likes or Tweets?
These notifications and be selectively allowed for mentions only on both Twitter mobile app and its web version. Mentioned below are the separate procedure for each.
On Twitter Mobile App
Almost everyone enjoys using Twitter from a mobile device. You can still see the Twitter notifications for mentions while using Twitter on your mobile device if you follow these steps:
- Open the Twitter app on your mobile.
- On the left-hand side of the home page, you can see your profile picture.
- Click your profile picture. It will roll down. You will find some options there.
- Navigate “settings and Privacy.” Click this option. It will lead you to another interface of the setting menu.
- From there, tap “Notifications.”
- On the filters screen, click on the push notification button.
- It will lead you toward the separate notification controller of tweets and likes.
- Turn them off by clicking the button shown on the side.
You will no longer receive notifications for likes or tweets. Only notification for mentions will be shown now. Now, if you want to see every mention, go to the mention and replies option and set it to anyone. That means your notifications are not filtered out to only mentions, and you will see only what you desire to see.
On Web Server:
You can also see the Twitter notifications for mentions but not likes and tweets. The process is just pretty much similar to the mobile app. And here it the process mentioned below:
- Go to the web browser and open the web version of Twitter.
- Now sign in to your Twitter account by adding relevant information.
- Tap to your profile picture by clicking corner on top right of the home page.
- Drop down the menu by clicking the arrow on the side of the profile picture and selecting privacy settings.
- Go to the web notifications,
- Go to the notification type and make sure that tweet likes and mentions options are enabled.
- Now uncheck the box of when someone likes my tweet, and someone retweeted options.
- Leave the mention box check.
- Now click save changes.
Now you will receive a notification when someone mentions you in any tweet, but you will not get any notification for likes and tweets. There will =be no more unwanted and irritating notifications that may hinder your normal activities on Twitter.
Third Part Twitter app:
On the third-party Twitter app, you can follow the same procedure. The only difference is with the notification button, and the rest is pretty much the same.
If you are agitated by too many notifications and want to see the notifications of your choice only, such as the mention you may get, you can easily do that. Basically, the process is the same for all of them; whether it’s a mobile app, a web version, or a third-party Twitter app; the procedure is more or less the same for all of them.