Many Portuguese Citizens include going to India in their bucket list because of its very interesting culture and its practical nature. At the moment, there are more than 150 nationalities, including Portuguese Citizens that can apply for an Indian e-Visa for Portuguese Citizens.
With this, you are no longer required to go to the Indian embassy. And through this article, we’ll show you what are all the requirements that you need, and also some valuable information you should consider before applying.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
I’M FROM PORTUGAL, DO I HAVE TO APPLY FOR A VISA TO ENTER INDIA?
Yes, Portugal is one of the countries selected to enter India with a visa.
WHAT IS AN INDIAN E-VISA FOR PORTUGUESE?
It’s a special document that allows you to enter India with an electronic system. It’s made to replace the traditional visa system with a stamp.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO APPLY FOR THIS?
iVisa will definitely do most of the job for Portuguese Citizens in obtaining your visa, but you still need to prepare a few documents to help them get started. It is nothing but the ordinary, and chances are you may already have what you need. Here is a list of what you must provide:
- Valid passport – you will have no issues in getting a passport, and if you already have one, make sure that it is still valid. Just take a look at the expiry date.
- Digital photo of yourself – it is preferable that the photo is recent. You should not make face gestures in it, and the background should be white. Just scan it and be ready to upload it.
- A passport scan of the information page
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can use a credit or a debit card, and since Paypal has become quite popular, you can use that as well.
- Business card copy and invitation letter – this requirement applies to people who want to go to India on business and apply for an Indian e-Visa for Colombia Citizens.
- Letter from the hospital in India – this is valid for people who apply for a medical visa.
However, the most important documents to get your visa properly are the following:
Passport Personal Details Scan
Last Page of Passport (if applicable)
HOW LONG IS THE INDIAN E-VISA VALID?
It will depend on the type of visa, but at least with a Tourist e-Visa you can have it 1 year after issued, but as long as you remain 90 days in Total in India.
WHAT ARE THE PROCESSING TIMES AND ALSO THE FEES FOR AN INDIAN E-VISA?
When it comes to processing times and fees, you have three options, and they are as follows:
- Standard processing – 5 days. Because it is the cheapest option, most applicants go for standard. It only costs USD 88.99.
- Rush processing – 3 days. The cost goes a bit higher than with the previous option. You will be charged USD 144.99.
- Super Rush processing time – 36 hours. As you can expect, the price goes even higher. This option will cost you USD 180.99.
These are the fees according to the Indian Tourist e-Visa. As for the cost of the other two visa types, which are the Medical e-Visa and the Business e-Visa, they are a little bit more expensive, which means that they cost USD 143.99, USD 184.99, and USD 232.99 respectively. The timeframes can differ as well. The applications for both will be processed in 5 days, 3 days, and 2 days, respectively.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO APPLY FOR AN INDIAN E-VISA IF I’M PORTUGUESE?
Regardless the nationality, the application process shouldn’t take more than 15 minutes to complete.
WHAT IS THE APPLICATION PROCESS FOR PORTUGUESE CITIZENS?
As soon as you have all the requirements ready, you may proceed with the application process. The form is very easy to understand, but in case you need any help, there is a support service for Portuguese Citizens that is available 24/7. Just give them a call, and someone will help you understand what is in front of you.
To complete the form, you need to follow three simple steps:
- The first one is about filling in the form with your personal information like full name, address, e-mail, date of birth, passport info, etc. In this step, you must also choose the processing time and visa type. Take note that both factors will determine the cost of your India evisa. As for the latter, you can choose from tourist, business, and medical visa.
- Once done with these, you may proceed to the second step of the Portuguese Citizens application which consists of revision and payment. Here, you will need to check if all the information you entered is accurate, as well as the spelling. After processing, the cost is not refundable, and corrections are not possible.
- Then, the final step will ask you to answer a set of personal questions and upload additional documents. The last part differs depending on your particular circumstances, but you will be informed of exactly what you need to upload so do not worry about that.
HOW MANY TIMES CAN I ENTER INDIA WITH THIS VISA?
You can enter India many times due to your Multiple Entry e-Visa.
DO I NEED A VISA FOR MY CHILDREN IF I’M TRAVELING WITH THEM?
Yes, all foreigner citizens need a visa to enter India, no matter how old or young they’re, and that includes children.
DO I HAVE TO PRINT A COPY OF THE INDIAN TOURIST E-VISA?
Yes, you should print a copy because you’ll have to present it upon arrival. We always suggest travelers print any information related to this e-Visa too, including the confirmation e-mail and a copy of your passport. You can also have a soft copy and provide the information to the airline and immigration officials upon arrival.
SHOULD I APPLY FOR THIS E-VISA IF I’M JUST IN TRANSIT?
If you won’t enter India and you’ll just stay in the transit area, you don’t need to apply for an Indian e-Visa.
HOW DO I KNOW IF MY E-VISA IS APPROVED AND READY?
When your e-Visa is approved, we will send you an email from the government of India that will include all the details of your Tourist e-Visa.
HOW SAFE IS IT TO APPLY FOR AN INDIA E-VISA WITH IVISA?
It is completely safe. We have at our disposal one professional teamwork that guarantees to keep your information totally saved, avoiding any risk.
WHERE DO I READ MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS E-VISA?
You can find more about Indian visas in this link or simply ask for any recommendation or help in our customer service center.
You’re just one step closer to travel to this exotic country. Remember that the Indian eVisa for Portuguese Citizens will let you stay a maximum of 90 days in Total within the country, and you can have Multiple Entry. However, keep in mind that the electronic visa is accepted only at 25 airports and 5 seaports. If you use other points of entry, you need a consular visa.
Contact us today for any extra assistance and don’t lose the opportunity to get your India e-Visa the easiest way possible!