It is mandatory to have an in-depth knowledge of Azure services and various cloud concepts to get certified in the 1-hour AZ 900 exams. So, let us take a deeper look into these sections and how they can help pass the exam without any fuss.
1. Cloud Computing
It is believed that almost 15% to 20% of the contents of the AZ 900 exam cover details on cloud computing. This refers to the primary computing services provided like storage, networking, database, etc., for more efficient business operations. Therefore it is necessary to keep in mind the following pointers.
- A thorough understanding of the concepts like Scalability, High Availability, Fault Tolerance, Disaster Recovery, Elasticity, and Agility is needed.
- Note the significant benefits of using computing services. These may include cost, speed, productivity, performance, reliability, global scale, etc.
- Make sure to point out the differences between the three types of cloud computing models- public cloud, private cloud, and hybrid cloud.
- Understand the various services provided by the cloud, namely, Infrastructure as a service (IaaS), Performance as a service (PaaS), and Software as a service (SaaS). Also, make a note of the overlap between PaaS and Server-less computing.
- Knowing the uses of cloud computing can be a great help. These are building applications, analyzing data, storing data and its recovery, streaming audio and video, delivering software, etc.
2. Azure services
Next on the list are the core Azure services. This section covers 30% to 35% of the questions. Therefore, to become a Microsoft certified professional by passing the AZ 900 exam, one must note the below-mentioned components offered.
- Understand the main architectural elements, their usage and benefits like Azure Geographies; Regions; Availability Sets; Availability Zones, and Resource Groups.
- Browse through the core computing, networking, storage, and database products. Some of the computing products are Virtual Machines, Azure Kubernetes Services (AKS), Azure Container Instances (ACI), etc. Networking includes Load Balancers, VPN Gateway, Virtual networks and others. Disk, File, Blob and Archive Storage are the four storage options. Lastly, a database such as Azure SQL Database, Azure Database for PostgreSQL and MySQL, and others are also available.
- Do not forget the solution given out like DevOps Solutions. Serverless Computing, Internet of Things (IoT), etc.
- Note the contributions of Microsoft Artificial Intelligence and its related products.
- Keep track of the management tools that help make Azure accessible, like Azure Portal, PowerShell, Cloud Shell, Azure CLI, and Advisor.
3. Azure security, compliance, privacy, and trust
25% to 30% of questions asked are related to how Azure can provide effective and enhanced cloud security to its users. It takes into consideration protection facets which are as follows.
- Start with acquiring an in-depth understanding of notions like Association Security Groups (ASG), Network Security Groups (NSG), Azure Firewall, DDos Protection, etc.
- Differentiate between authentication and authorisation.
- Know the Azure Multi-Factor Authentication and Active Directory that can help ensure a person’s identity.
- Note the tools and features for better security, such as Azure Security Center, Key Vault, Advanced Threat Protection, and Information Protection.
- Make sure to browse through the governance methodologies, monitoring, and reporting in Azure.
- Terminologies like GDPR, ISO, NIST, and concepts like Microsoft Privacy Statement, Trust Center, etc., are a must while preparing.
4. Azure pricing and support
The remaining 20% to 25% of the AZ 900 exam is focused on ways of making Azure accessible to the masses.
Some of the techniques opted for are as follows:
- Go through the details of Azure subscriptions, management groups, free accounts, and support plans.
- Questions can be related to managing Azure costs like Invoices, Pricing Calculators, Spending Limits, Reservations, Total Cost of Ownership, etc.
- Yet another thing that should be noted is Azure service-level management is.
Today, there are several Microsoft online courses to help crack the AZ 900 exam. The Microsoft certification courses and the study mentioned above guidelines, can help anyone ace the exam with flying colours.