You might have noticed that people who are aware of the password of your Netgear router can easily access its network, even when you don’t want them to. So, what to do in that case? Well, you can always block access to your Netgear router network. Wondering how you can do that? All you need to do is, walk through the step-by-step guidelines mentioned in this article. By the time you have reached the end of it, you will surely be able to block access to your home router network.
How to Block Access to Netgear Router Network?
- Plug your Netgear Nighthawk router into a working wall outlet.
- Press the Power button.
- Get hold of an Ethernet cable.
- Connect one end of your Ethernet cable to your router and another to the modem.
- Gain access to your computer.
- Open your favourite internet browser.
- In the address field of your browser, type www://routerlogin.net.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will land on the official login page of your Netgear router.
- Input the default username and password and hit Log In.
- Once logged in, head over to the ‘Advanced’ section.
- Select Security > Access Control.
- The Access Control page will come into view.
- Select the Turn on Access Control check box.
- Click the ‘Block all new devices from connecting’ option.
- Select the Apply button.
- Your settings will get saved in a couple of seconds.
And you are done! In this manner, you will easily be able to block access to your Netgear router network via routerlogin. In case, you are unable to execute the process in a hassle-free way, it is recommended that you take the help of the following troubleshooting hacks.
Can’t Block Access to Netgear Router Network?
- Reboot Your Netgear Router
If you own a number of technical devices, then you might be well aware of the importance of rebooting. Chances are that all that your Netgear router needs in order to get rid of the issue at hand is a simple restart. Therefore, waste no more time, and restart or reboot your Netgear Nighthawk router.
- Verify the Ethernet Connection
There is a possibility that the Ethernet cable connecting your Netgear wireless router and the existing modem is damaged due to which you are unable to block access. Thus, replace your Ethernet cable with a new one. If doing so does not end well for you, then consider connecting your devices with the help of a wireless source.
- Update Netgear Firmware Update
Another thing that you can do to troubleshoot the issue at hand is to update the firmware of our Netgear Nighthawk router. In order to execute the process, you need to log in to your wireless device, go to Settings > Maintenance, and click on the Firmware Upgrade option. If you do not want to try the Manual method, you can also use the Nighthawk app to update the firmware of your router to the latest version.
- Avoid WiFi Interference
Last, but not least, ensure that neither your Netgear router nor the existing modem is placed near cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, Bluetooth speakers, mirrors, fish tanks, treadmills, televisions, refrigerators, microwave ovens, aluminium studs, corners, and concrete walls.
After following these Netgear router troubleshooting hacks, try to block access to your Nighthawk wireless device. Did you get any luck?
With that, we are wrapping up our guide on blocking access to Netgear router network. Let us hope that after walking through the step-by-step guidelines mentioned above, you will be able to keep unauthorized access at bay.