Have you entered the correct details but are still facing the Rockspace extender not accepting password issue? Well, if that is the case, then understand that your wireless network is at risk. But, don’t lose hope yet. Fixing this issue is not a tough job; however, many users struggle to get rid of it. If you are too are unable to resolve the issue at hand, then consider checking out the troubleshooting hacks mentioned in this post.
Fixed: Rockspace Extender Not Accepting Password
Reboot Your Rockspace Extender
One of the major reasons why you are experiencing the Rockspace extender not accepting password issue is because of technical glitches. But, fret not. You can easily bid adieu to these glitches if you reboot your device.
Thus, follow the instructions given below in order to give your device a fresh start:
- Turn off your Rockspace wireless extender and unplug it from its wall socket.
- Wait for a couple of seconds.
- Once done, plug your Rockspace extender back into its wall socket and turn it on.
Now, try to access the Rockspace WiFi extender setup wizard. If you are not able to, take the help of the following hack.
Perform Factory Default Reset
Another reason why you are stuck with the Rockspace extender not accepting password issues is that your login details have been hacked. This usually happens when you ignore changing the default admin details of our device.
Considering that the default login credentials are more or less the same for all extenders, it becomes pretty easy for hackers to get access to your device. Once they have your details, they won’t take much time to change them.
So, now that your login details have been changed, your Rockspace extender won’t accept the password. To troubleshoot the issue, you need to reset your wireless device.
Follow the instructions mentioned below and learn how to reset your extender:
- Locate the Reset button on your Rock Space range extender.
- Once located, carefully press it and hold on for some time.
Now, reconfigure your device via re.rockspace.local, and this time, do remember to change its default login password to something more secure.
How to Prevent This Issue?
Yes, we know that you have resolved the Rockspace extender not accepting password issues. However, in order to keep similar problems at bay in the future, keep the following points in mind:
- Whenever you configure a new Rockspace device in the future, it is advised that you change its password right after configuring it via http //re.rockspace.local.
- While changing the password, make sure that it is not just made up of numbers and alphabets, but also special characters.
- Write down the changed login credentials of your device somewhere. Who knows you might forget them in the future right? You always need to have a backup.
- To avoid sharing the login details of your extender with your guests, prefer creating a Guest WiFi network.
The Bottom Line
Facing the Rockspace extender not accepting password issues can really be a pain in the head. This can force you to come across other technical issues and prevent you from making the most out of your device.
We hope that after walking through the troubleshooting hacks mentioned above, resolving the Rackspace extender not accepting password issue would have become a piece of cake for you. In case you are acquainted with any other hack through which this issue can be resolved, it is recommended that you share it with your fellow readers.