How to apply for free home insulation grants

By Oscarjack 3 Min Read

Cavity Wall Insulation grants will cover the full cost of Cavity Wall Insulation professionally installed if you are eligible for a benefit. The property must be yours, but you can rent it out or live there at the time of the survey. A survey can be arranged with an approved installer even if you are not eligible for the Free Cavity Wall Insulation Grant. This costs an average of PS500 to PS600.

The Energy Companies Obligation provides grant funding. This program was previously part the Government’s Green Deal Energy Efficiency Program. These grants are made possible by the major energy suppliers. They don’t need to be repaid. This can be a great way to reduce your heating bills as energy costs continue rising. These walls left uninsulated could let as much as 35% of heat escape from a home. Cavity Insulation can save your household as much as PS145 each year.

To determine whether 100% of grants are available, a survey is necessary. The survey is usually completely free. You may have to pay a small amount depending on the size and efficiency of your property.

Free Cavity wall insulation for those who have one of these benefits:

Armed Forces Independence Payment

Attendance Allowance

Carer’s Benefit

Child Welfare

Child Tax Credit

Constant Attendance Benefit

See also  What Is Milialar? Causes Symptoms And Treatment

Disability Living Allowance

Income-based Jobseekers’ Benefit

Allowance for Income-Related Employment Assistance

Income Support

Industrial Injuries Disability Benefit

Credit for Pension Guarantee

Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

Severe Disablement Allowance

Universal Credit

War Pensions Mobility Supplement

Credit for working taxes

Your property must be yours or you can rent it from private landlords. Housing Association tenants who have more than 50% ownership of the property are not eligible.

It must be occupied. It cannot be vacant or in need of renovation. The property must not have walls that exceed 60%. Grants are not available for extensions. However, in this instance, you can get a quote and a survey free of charge. According to recent research by the Department of Energy and Climate Change, only 58% of homes that can benefit from Cavity wall insulation are actually insulated. You may be one of the remaining 42% that need insulation.

Before applying for Grants you need to make sure that your home does not have cavity walls. A cavity is a common feature in brick homes that were built before 1924. It is likely that your property has solid walls if it was built prior to 1924. It is possible to find a cavity in your property if the walls are less that 250mm (10 ft). Properties built after 1982 should have cavity wall insulation.

If you think your property has Cavity Wall Insulation, you won’t be eligible for a grant.

 

 

Share This Article
Follow:
Contact Us: zainliaquat10@gmail.com WhatsApp Number: +923024670115
Leave a comment