Do you own a Rockspace WiFi extender? If yes, then you perhaps be facing some issues with your device. Are you? Well, if yes then in that case this article can prove to be of some help to you. Check the answers to the most common Rockspace extender issues in the section below and learn to make the most of your device. Here we go:
Solved: Most Common Rockspace Extender Issues
How Can I Reset the Rockspace Extender?
At times, users find that their extenders are not performing well. In that case, they are left with no other option than to reset their extenders to the default settings. If you are also looking to reset your extender, then all you need to do is:
- Make sure the extender is connected to a wall outlet and the power button of the device is turned on.
- Once done, locate and press the Reset button on your extender.
- In a while, your device will get restored to its default settings.
- Now, you need to configure the device again from scratch to start using it.
Why Can’t I access re rockspace.local web address?
Users need to access the re rockspace.local web address for configuring their extender in a proper manner and accessing the settings of their device. If you are not able to access the default web address of your device then make sure that:
- The web browser you are using for the process is up-to-date.
- Your web browser is not carrying the junk of cache and cookies.
- The web address is entered into the address field of the web browser.
- The device used for accessing the web address is not infected.
No Internet Access Even after Setting up the Extender
Can’t you access the internet even after setting up your extender? Well, this can be due to various reasons. Check the troubleshooting points given below to get the issue fixed in a jiffy.
- Make sure the cable connected between the extender and the router is not having any wear or tear.
- Reboot the extender by unplugging it from its socket for some time.
- Make sure the extender is placed within the range of your WiFi router.
- Keep in mind to place the extender far from things or appliances emitting radio waves. To name a few you can place your extender away from microwave ovens, Bluetooth speakers, baby monitors, cellular phones, etc.
How to Update Firmware of Rockspace Extender?
Rockspace extender firmware can be updated either using the manual method or by enabling the automated feature, however for both the methods you first need to access the Rockspace login page.
Caution: Users at times mistake Rockspace with Rackspace and try accessing the Rackspace login page. If you are also doing the same, then know that you need to access Rockspace login page.
For updating the firmware of your Rockspace extender, here’s what you need to do:
- Connect the extender to the router with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Get to the official site of the device and look if any new firmware is available for the model you have.
- If yes, get it downloaded on your system.
- Now, open a web browser and type the default web address of your Rockspace extender into the address field.
- You will be directed to the login page of your Rockspace extender the moment you hit the press button.
- Reaching the login page, enter your login details into the fields given and press OK.
- The setup wizard of your Rockspace extender will reveal.
- Reaching here, you need to look for the Firmware Update option.
- Click it and browse the file you downloaded earlier.
- Select the file and hit Upload.
- The process can take longer than usual. Thus, don’t lose your patience.
- You are advised not to run any background activity or shut down your system while the firmware update process is getting executed.
- Your Rockspace extender will reboot automatically once the firmware update process gets completed.
- This is how you can update the firmware of your extender and make the most of your device.
In a Nutshell
Here ends our guide on the solutions to the most common Rockspace extender issues. We hope that after checking the points given above, you would be able to take your internet-using experience with the device to the next level.