When you enter a room or a new house, what is the first thing you interact with?
It’s the door.
You either knock on the door or use the doorbell before someone lets you in.
This proves that one of the components of the house can be responsible for the first impression.
The primary function of the door lock is safety, but it also gives you a sense of privacy by concealing you in a room.
Along with this, they also make an aesthetic statement. Doors come in so many designs and customizations that you can easily curate them your way to make sure they fit perfectly with your vision. They tie together your furnishings and greet the visitor with a sneak peek into your aesthetic sense.
A regular door has these main components:
Locks (accompanied by a set of keys)
However, with the modernization of almost everything, doors aren’t left out of the waves.
Here are a few newer door designs to spice up your living space.
Made from a variety of materials, like timers or aluminum, contemporary doors are usually minimalist and on par with current trends. It used simple geometric designs with neutral colors to give your door a modern look.
They come with minimal door hardware and can be customized to cater to all your basic needs.
Apart from how they look, contemporary doors also serve other purposes, like insulation and energy efficiency. They work in complement to your house’s temperature settings, so air conditioning or heating isn’t lost through the doors. These doors are usually built considering your current region’s weather and moisture conditions to provide maximum efficiency.
Nothing can beat an old, classic door. You can use heavy materials like oak to get a classic royal touch. While this may seem outdated, classics are never really old and are a new trend. If you want your place to radiate classical vibes, these might just be your thing.
You might think of a door as just a wooden object with a few perks. But that’s not it. New smart doos come equipped with the most advanced technology. For example
- Smart locks—forget the old key and keyhole practice. With smart looks, you can use your phone or a combination to open or seal a door. For contemporary doors, smart locks are a practical and secure alternative. With their keyless entry system, you can effortlessly give friends, relatives, or service providers access without having to provide them with real keys. Furthermore, home automation systems can be linked with smart locks to offer remote access and monitoring features for increased convenience and security.
- Biometric locks: just like the latest phones, these doors require your fingerprints or facial patterns to unlock themselves. This provides more security, as no unauthorized person will be able to access it.
- Camera systems: unlike outdated peepholes, new camera technology not only allows you to see who is on the other side of the door but also permits communication without even opening the door. For extra safety, it also saves recordings in case you ever need to review them in case of any suspicious activity. These systems are getting more popular among individuals who live alone or people who live in a neighborhood with regular criminal activities.
You can also access these cameras through your phones in the event that you aren’t home. This means that even when you are far away, you can keep an eye on your place for ease of mind.
A lot of providers may send security backups in case of suspicious activity as well.
- The latest voice assistants, like Google Home or Alexa, can control the lighting and home equipment as well. But they go beyond that. Your doors can also be used to give voice commands to them.
- Motion sensors: this feature detects any motion that is happening outside the door. In cases of suspicious activity, you and the concerned authorities will be alerted.
- Security systems: home security systems also alert the authorities if someone tries to break in or uses incorrect passwords.
The idea of doors has been completely transformed by new technology, such as automated opening systems and smart locks. These developments, which provide features like keyless entry and remote access control, not only strengthen security measures but also increase convenience. Additionally, there is an abundance of design possibilities available, enabling people to personalize their doors to suit their unique preferences and styles. There is a door knobs design for every taste, ranging from streamlined and simple patterns to elaborate and ornate designs. The range of materials available for use in door construction has also increased, from conventional wood to strong, low-maintenance materials like steel and fiberglass. People can choose a door handles that not only fits their functional needs but also matches their style, thanks to the abundance of options.