You know you have mould growing in your home when the curtains start to feel wet and clammy, especially if you live in a coastal area where salt air can cause damage. It’s important to take action as soon as possible, because mould can spread quickly and become more difficult to remove later.
How To Clean Your Curtains
If you have dirty curtains, this guide will show you how to clean them and get rid of mould/dirt.
- Start by taking off the curtains’ rings and ties.
- Carefully remove the curtains from the rods. If they are polyester or some other type of synthetic material, be sure to wash them separately in hot water before putting them back on the rods.
- Soak the curtains in a tub or sink full of warm water with a good detergent for about 30 minutes. Be sure to agitate the fabric occasionally to help dissolve any dirt or residue. Drain and repeat if necessary until the water is clear and no debris is visible.
- Shake out any excess water and place the curtains on a dry surface where they can be hung up to dry completely. Once they are completely dry, put them back on their rods and enjoy your newly Clean Your Home Curtains.
Where Does Mould and Dirt Come From?
Mould and dirt come from many different sources, but they can all be cleaned with a little effort. Mould can form on any surface that is damp, humid, or oily. Dirt comes from the ground and is made up of soil, rocks, and other debris. Cleaning mold and dirt from your curtains will help to keep them looking their best and preventing mold or dirt buildup in the future.
What Should I Do if My Curtain is Moldy?
If you notice mold or dirt build up on your Curtain Cleaning Adelaide, it is important to clean it as soon as possible. Curtains can be cleaned with a mild cleaner and a dry cloth. You may also need to take measures to prevent the mold from returning by using curtains that are treated against mold and decay.
How to Prevent the Growth of Mould and Dirt on Curtain Liners
Mould and dirt can build up on curtain liners over time, causing them to become stained and clogged. To prevent this from happening,
follow these simple cleaning tips:
- Remove any excess water or moisture from the Curtain Cleaning Services in Sydney the area using a dry cloth or paper towel. This will help to reduce the amount of bacteria that can form.
- Discard old curtains and replace them with new ones every few years to keep your window coverings looking fresh and clean. Old curtains are especially prone to mould and dirt buildup, so it’s important to take care of them every time you replace them.
- Clean the curtain rod and brackets regularly using a soft cloth and lukewarm water. This will help remove any dust or debris that may have gathered on them over time.