With everything relying on technology, one can’t survive a second if they keep forgetting passwords. The data shows that nearly 78% users forget their passwords of personal accounts. Apart from that, more than 57% users have the similar experience with their work accounts. Not having access to work emails might put your career at risk. You can imagine the chaos if you forget the password for your Rackspace Webmail.
So, if you have also forgotten your Rackspace Webmail login password, this article is for you. You can go through the following points to learn how to do password recovery for your webmail account. Without any delay, let’s get going.
Different Authentication Types for Password Recovery
You have two options for Rackspace Webmail login password recovery. When you log into the Rackspace Webmail, password recovery set up will prompt on your home screen. If it doesn’t, you can access it from Rackspace Webmail Settings. Let’s have a look at each method one at a time.
Text Message Authentication
In this password authentication method, you receive a text message. It will be used to verify your account. The steps of Text Message Authentication for Rackspace Webmail password recovery are as follows:
- Turn on your computer and access a web browser.
- Open Rackspace Webmail page and do the log in.
- A message prompts on your home screen that says ‘Choose Your Recovery Method’.
- Select Get A Text Message option.
- You should have a phone number to receive the text message.
- When you do that, you receive a verification code.
- Enter the verification code you received.
- Click on the Verify Code.
When you verify the code, a message saying ‘You have successfully set up password recovery’ displays on your home screen. Hence, the Rackspace Webmail login password can be recovered.
In this method, you are going to use an application to receive the code to verify your identity. Let’s move further.
- Launch a web browser on your computer or laptop.
- Log into your Rackspace Webmail account.
- You will be asked to ‘Choose Your Recovery Method’.
- Select the Use an Authenticator option.
- Follows the instructions to link your mobile phone to your Rackspace account.
- You can do that by accessing Securing Your Account with an Authenticator App screen.
After linking the device, you receive a code to verify yourself. Thus, ‘You have successfully set up password recovery’ message displays on your home screen.
The two methods given above can help you recover the Rackspace Admin login password. So, choose the method with which you are the most comfortable.
Fix: Reset Password Recovery Authentication Type
Users are having access to either of the two password recovery authentication methods. So, it might not be good for every user. Hence, there is a need to reset the password recovery type. Check out the steps given below to do that.
- Plug your computer into a wall socket.
- Press the power button to turn on your computer.
- Get access to an updated web browser.
- Open Rackspace Webmail.
- Do the Rackspace Webmail login.
- Once you are in, open the Security option from Webmail Settings.
- Go to Authentication Type located at the bottom of the page.
- Click the Reset button.
- When you do that, Choose Your Recovery Method appears on your home screen.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up the preferred password recovery method.
Solution: Rackspace Webmail Password Forgotten
How to change the password for Rackspace Webmail when you have forgotten it? Read on to know more.
- Open Rackspace Webmail on your PC or laptop.
- Do login and click on Forgot Password option.
- Choose your password recovery authentication type.
- Once you are in, click on the Reset Password option.
- Enter your new password and confirm the same in the Confirm Password option.
- Click on the Reset Password option to save your changes.
That is going to save the new password for your Rackspace Webmail login. You can use it to log in to your account.
All the password recovery authentication methods given will help you recover the forgotten Rackspace Webmail login password. In case you want to use another method, you can reset the recovery type. Further, you can even reset the password. With that, you can always stay logged in to your account even if you don’t remember the password.