If you are attached to an SEO organization or have a website to maintain, it is obvious that you have heard the term ‘Link Building. Well, building links might seem a simple task but there are a lot of things you should keep in mind as an expert.
This article deals with the five areas you should focus on when it comes to link building. You can go through all the points given in the following entities and keep them in mind while actually indulging in the process.
As of now, many link builders have forgotten the fundamentals of link building. It has occurred due to the increasing prominence of content marketing. Well, you should be aware that an approach like this can be dangerous for a website. So, check out the five focus areas that you need to keep in mind while link building.
Five Main Areas To Focus When Building Links
Here are the five main areas to focus on while creating links. The best you can do is go through the points and consult with an SEO expert regarding them:
1. Good Reputation
A good reputation is a vital necessity when it comes to link building. The best you can do is place yourself among outstanding guest blogging sites and other resources. Expect Google to always reward you for a good reputation.
Do not forget to check if the links you have chosen have good backlinks. On the other hand, you should never take any links from sites that have low reach and lacks authentic content. This can lead to a big problem as Google can drop your site’s rank in a dramatic manner.
2. Check The Difference Between Good And Bad Links
It is very important for an SEO expert to understand that DA plays a lot when it comes to the reputation of a website. So, you can build your link with websites that have a high DA. Now, as you come to know about Domain Authority, it is vital to know the factors that make a link good or bad.
Here are the traits of good and bad links that you need to ponder.
- Difficulty: Difficulty is one of the prominent parameters that you need to determine when building a link. The best you can do is get the most difficult links. Always remember that the difficult links are more valuable than the others.
- Credibility: The credibility of a link is all about the trustworthiness of the source. You can check out that the page you are about to link has authentic information. Moreover, you should also see if the page has the proper language. Grammar plays an important role in case of link building. You should not backlink your webpage to a site where content contains poor grammar.
- Traffic: You should always remember that whatever you do on a site, the main aim is to bring more traffic. So, you should keep finding a site that has high traffic. This way, it can elven improve on your site.
3. Check For The Different Types Of Links
If you are into building links, it is necessary for you to know about the different types of links. You would be amazed to know that there are four types of links. Go through the entries below to understand:
- Organic Links: Organic links are one of the elite types of links that you can get from the company page of a certain product/service directly. In case you write excellent articles for link building, you can find the companies approaching you. As per the aftermath of this, you can expect heavy traffic to come to your site.
- Owned Links: The owned links are such variants [that the link builder creates on his own. It can be from the online profiles of a company for which the link builder is working.
- Outreach links: The outreach links are got by the sole devotion of the link builder. In this case, the link builder approaches different sources for the links. Even the people who buy guest posts are actually getting the outreach link.
- Social Shares: Social shares are not links but extensions to Facebook and Twitter posts. It can play a vital role when it comes to search rankings.
4. Look After The Internal Signals
Internal signals are basically internal links that connect two web pages of the same website. It runs on the basis of cp-occurrence. As an SEO expert building links, you should always keep in mind that internal links can also improve the condition of a site.
With the help of internal links, the responsiveness of a website increases and it is one of the best things for the overall health of the site.
5. Observe The Competitors
You should always observe the competitors when it comes to link building for a page. Remember that at the end of the day, you are just making a good place for your website on the SERP that needs time. So, you should be very careful when it comes to competition.
Although you can come across many SEO experts who think that link building is futile in the present day, you should keep a good focus on it. As an SEO expert, you should always check the present market condition and lead your site accordingly. The best you can do is get the best links for your site and ensure its traffic increases in no time.