If you’ve ever walked into a damp, dark bathroom with mold spreading up the wall, you know how unnerving this situation can be. The closer we get to Halloween, the more people are wondering if they need to worry about the toxic effects of growing mold in their homes. Apart from killing the looks and beauty of the interior of your home, mold growth inside a home also comes with some health hazards as well.
While you are ensuring regular cleaning in your home to avoid infection and health issues, you also need to consider getting mold cleaning for complete resolution. Doing it all by yourself may sound a bit challenging but now have an option if you can hire a mold inspection and cleaning service online. For those who are completely unaware of the harmful effects of growing mold in the home, here’s what you need to know
What is Mold?
Mold is a living organism and it grows under specific conditions. If you have water-damaged homes, you need to be careful about mold growth as the moisture content of your structures has increased dramatically. While mold can grow on any damp or moist surface, it usually grows in places where people don’t get exposed frequently.
If the people living in the household are not suffering from any lung problems, they are unlikely to get affected by the toxic effects of growing mold in the home easily. However, there are times when people do develop allergies after being exposed to certain types of molds for a long duration. Now you avoid getting mold-related problems in your home with Mold Remediation Orange County.
Few Harmful Effects of Mold Growth In Home
There are several types of molds that are widely different from each other and they might cause different kinds of allergies and health problems.
- Thrush is a common problem caused by fungi, especially in the mouth. It is more common in people who use antibiotics as well as those who have asthma or chronic lung disease. If you find out that you are suffering from this condition after coming across mold growth inside your home, get your home inspected and cleaned immediately.
- If you have experienced asthma attacks in the past or if there is mold growing inside your home, chances are that it has affected your respiratory system. There are several types of asthma attacks linked to mold growth.
- Mildew-related allergies are also common. People who suffer from mildew allergies should avoid indoor allergens such as dust mites, pet dander, pollen, and many more indoor allergens to reduce the chances of getting sick.
Fungal infections happen when all the required conditions for mold growth including water damage and humidity are present in your home. However, not every mold you see is considered toxic. The most dangerous type can be identified by a black coating around the stem of the mold.
Tips To Counter Mold Problem In Your House
There are several things you can do to reduce the chances of your home being affected by the toxic effects of growing mold in the home.
- If you find out that your home has a moderate to severe mold problem, contact a mold inspection and cleaning service provider. They will help you identify the type of mold present and do various tests to ensure that it is safe for you and your family.
- Clean up the mess created by mold growth. The mess comes in many different forms including spots of mold, matted dust, blackened areas, and other toxic effects of mold growth.
- Make sure that you keep your home clean and dry on a regular basis. Cleaning the area semi-regularly keeps the molds away from bringing toxins inside your home again.
Additionally, carpets, furniture, and fabrics can be cleaned using anti-mold sprays or wipes to ensure that it is safe for you to touch. You can purchase anti-mold products from online stores as well as health food stores to counter the problem at its root level.
While there are a few known cases of mold causing illness and death, most people are not aware of the toxic effects of growing mold in the home. If you are getting unusual symptoms like respiratory problems, it is a good idea to clean up the mess created inside your home by hiring a mold inspection and cleaning service provider who can clean up the place professionally. This will keep your family safe from any kind of health risks associated with the toxic effects of growing mold in the home.