Israeli passport holders who are traveling to Canada for tourism or business are eligible to apply for Canada’s electronic travel authorization (eTA).
This visa waiver system allows nationals from Israel, and several other countries, to easily obtain authorization to travel without having to visit a CANADA VISA FOR ISRAELI CITIZENS or consulate.
DO ISRAELIS NEED A VISA TO VISIT CANADA?
Whether Israeli nationals need a visa for Canada depends on the length and purpose of their trip.
- A visa is not necessary for Israeli citizens traveling to Canada for tourism, leisure, visiting friends or family, or business purposes for less than 6 months.
- A visa is necessary for Israelis who intend to work, study, or reside permanently in Canada. All types of Canadian visas can be obtained in person from the nearest Canadian embassy or consulate.
Please note that Israeli citizens who are eligible to enter the country visa-free must still obtain a Canadian eTA through the online application process.
Israeli travelers who are transiting through a Canadian airport en route to another destination can use the Canada eTA for transit.
CANADIAN ETA ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR ISRAEL
To apply for a Canada eTA, candidates must meet the Canadian visa waiver requirements for Israeli citizens, including:
- Have a valid biometric Israeli passport with a minimum validity of 6 months from the date of arrival in Canada
- Have a reliable internet connection
- Have a phone, tablet, or computer to apply for a Canadian eTA online
- Have an unexpired debit or credit card to pay the eTA application fee
- Have a valid email address to receive the visa waiver
Israeli passengers should keep in mind that Canadian eTA is electronically linked to the passport that is used to complete the application
It is mandatory to show the same Israeli passport that was used for applying for the eTA at the Canadian border crossing. Otherwise, the applicant will be denied entry.
The same rule applies to dual nationals with multiple passports. They must enter Canada on the same passport that they used for applying for CANADA VISA FOR SOUTH KOREAN CITIZENS.
HOW TO GET A CANADIAN VISA WAIVER AS ISRAELI?
Israeli passport holders can apply for a Canadian eTA from the comfort of their home or office 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Moreover, they do not have to reside in Israel when applying. All the candidate needs to do is access the online eTA application form from a mobile device. The application process takes around 15 minutes from start to finish.
Candidates from Israel should be ready to provide the following information in the application form:
- Personal details (name, gender, nationality, place, and date of birth, address, and other contact information)
- Passport details (country, passport number, dates of issue, and expiry of the passport)
- Travel plans (travel dates, purpose of travel, port of entry, accommodation in Canada).
In addition, Israelis are required to answer a set of health and security questions in a truthful manner. Note that providing inaccurate information may result in delays or denial of the Canadian eTA.
After completing the form and verifying that all the information is correct, Israeli travelers have to pay the eTA processing fee. This can be done using any debit or credit card authorized for online transactions.
Processing time of eTA Canada for Israeli passport holders?
Most eTA applications are processed within 24 hours of applying. However, Israeli nationals are advised to start Canada’s eTA application process at least 3 days before the trip to account for any delays.
Applicants from Israel who fail to apply for eTA on time can use the urgent Canada eTA service with express one-hour visa waiver processing.
What is the validity of eTA Canada from Israel?
Canadian eTA is valid for 5 years or until the Israeli citizen’s passport expires.
This is a multiple-entry visa waiver and can be used for as many trips as needed within the 5-year period. The maximum duration of each trip is 6 months.
BENEFITS OF VISITING CANADA WITH AN ETA FROM ISRAEL
The Canadian eTA for Israel offers a host of benefits, including:
- The visa waiver application form can be completed online in a matter of minutes
- The eTA is delivered to the applicant’s email address and can be printed as needed
- There is no need to contact a Canadian diplomatic representation before traveling
- Canadian eTA holders avoid waiting in long queues at the Canadian border crossing
- The eTA allows Israelis visitors to enter Canada multiple times during its validity period
It is important to bear in mind that the Canadian eTA is an authorization to travel. As such, it does not automatically give permission to its holder to enter the country. This right can be given only by immigration border officials at the port of entry in Canada.