If the LED light on your Netgear Nighthawk router is blinking orange, it means that you are stuck with WiFi connectivity issues. WiFi connectivity issues can occur due to the reasons highlighted below:
- The Ethernet connection between your router and the modem is not secure.
- Your Internet Service Provider is not doing his job properly.
- The signals of either your router or modem are getting interrupted.
- The gap between your Netgear router and the modem is immense.
- Your Netgear WiFi router is running on an outdated firmware version.
Now, you can walk through the troubleshooting hacks mentioned below and learn how to get rid of the orange light issue.
Resolved: Netgear Router Orange Light Issue
- Reboot Your Netgear Router
We did not mention this earlier but technical glitches are also one of the many reasons stopping your Netgear router from performing well. To get rid of these glitches, you need to reboot your wireless device.
Here is how you can go about the process:
- Turn off your Netgear router and unplug it from its wall socket.
- Wait for a couple of seconds.
- Plug your Netgear router back into its wall socket and turn it on.
Now, try to access the Netgear Nighthawk setup wizard. Are you not able to? Looks like you’ve still got yourself entangled in the same mess.
- Check the Ethernet Connection
Verify the Ethernet cable connecting your Netgear wireless router and the existing modem. If it is worn out or damaged from anywhere, it is recommended that you get your cable replaced with a new one.
- Contact Your ISP
When was the last time you contacted your Internet Service Provider to keep track of things? Has it been too long? Well, looks like he needs a reminder. Thus, reach out to your ISP and give him a deadline to get the internet issue fixed.
- Avoid WiFi Interference
Make sure that your Netgear WiFi router is placed away from the following things:
- Cordless phones
- Washing machines
- Baby monitors
- Fish tanks
- Bluetooth speakers
- Microwave ovens
- Aluminium studs
- Concrete walls
Additionally, do not place your Netgear WiFi router near utensils containing water.
- Bring Your Devices Closer
Apart from ensuring a strong connection between your Netgear wireless router and the existing modem, also make sure that the distance between them is not too much.
On the off chance, it is, unplug your router from the wall socket and plug it into the wall socket near the existing modem.
- Perform Netgear Firmware Update
Updating the firmware of your router using the Netgear Nighthawk app is another way through which you can put an end to the orange light issue.
Follow the instructions mentioned below and learn how to update your device:
- Unlock your mobile device.
- Launch the Netgear Nighthawk app.
- Log in to your wireless device using the default username and password.
- Once logged in, head over to the Router Settings menu.
- Tap Check for Updates.
- If a new firmware is available, tap Update.
In this manner, you will be able to update the firmware of your wireless device to the latest version using the Netgear router app.
- Reset Your Netgear Router
Did none of the aforementioned steps help you get rid of the Netgear router orange light issue? Well, in that case, we recommend that you reset Nighthawk router
To reset your Netgear router, all you need to do is, locate the Reset hole on it and carefully insert an oil pin in it.
With that, we conclude our guide to troubleshoot the Netgear router orange light issue. Hopefully, after following the hacks mentioned in this post, you will be able to stop your device from blinking orange. If what we are hoping for comes true, do leave a word of appreciation in the comment section. We would be glad to know if we could be of some help.